Saturday, September 29, 2007

Hoping

(Written in my journal while on vacation in the Sinai.)

I'm on a quiet peaceful beach in Nuweiba in the Sinai in Egypt.
It's remote and the opposite of packed here.
Delightfully still and silent.

My period was due a few days ago but didn't come, and it really doesn't feel like it's coming.

I think I'm pregnant. It's a little hard to believe, and I am hesitant to attach myself to the possibility. I'm just a little sleepy, very occasionally queasy, and during that week recently when I was itchy (like I was during my last trimester with Dahlia), the pregnancy test I took 9 days after ovulation came out very negative. I guess only time will tell, and another test when we get home next week.

I really hope I am pregnant. I am so ready for that little one to join us, and so are Dave and Dahlia.

May it be.

No comments: