Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pink House

WHERE I AM: I've been pregnant for 2.5 weeks (4/40 weeks).

HOW I'M FEELING: Tired and my joints ache and teeth were sensitive this morning. But good, happy. Realized last night that my body is not my own anymore, and it won't be again until more than a year has gone by, probably longer. Good thing I have some time to get used to that again before I get big and uncomfortable. I realized also that the last time I was 2 weeks pregnant was almost 4 years ago!

Yesterday on my way to acupuncture I stopped at a light in Albany, CA in front of the most beautiful vision. A pink house, with a dark green tree directly in front of it, and a magnolia tree in full pink and burgundy bloom in front of both the house and the green tree. It made me smile, the thought of a pink house. But more than that, it made me feel peaceful and good.

I fell in love with the color pink for the first time when I was pregnant with Dahlia. I'd never liked it before, and as a kid I wasn't allowed to even consider it because my mom hated the color. Something about that color, though, when I'm pregnant just feels good. Soothing. Delicious. Nurturing. When Dave and I took classes about energy several years ago (during my first pregnancy, actually) we learned that pink is a good color to imagine going through your body for healing and nurturing. So there you go.

I just finished reading The Secret Life of Bees, and the story takes place in a pink house. Maybe that added to my sweet simple delight yesterday. I love magnolia trees, too, and they are so in full bloom everywhere around here right now. They almost look edible, like strawberry ice cream. The edible part is probably because I'm a pregnant perpetually hungry bottomless pit who loves food in general and now has an excuse to eat non-stop. :)

No comments: