Monday, March 5, 2007

Pregnant

WHERE I AM: 6 weeks pregnant.

HOW I FEEL: Tired, but in a different, kind of floaty way. Fully functional and productive, but heavier. Pants are starting to feel a bit tight around the waist. Still eating a lot.

Sharing the news with a few more friends, who are asking me point blank if I might be pregnant, so what am I supposed to say? Dave wants to wait until we're with his parents in person to tell them - a week from Friday we'll be with them in Mexico, and that will be fun to share. There's a lot of hard stuff going on in their lives right now, so it'll be nice to make them smile.

I'm starting to realize that life is only going to get fuller and busier and more complex from now on - not just with the addition of another little being inside my body and in our lives forever, but with our moving our growing family to Israel and then to Ohio. Lots of change, that is the theme.

I'm hungry... going to go make some lamb and kale. Body is craving iron and protein, no doubt.

No comments: