Monday, November 5, 2007

Burrito Followup

After a lot of online searching and phone calls - including one to the Mexican embassy in Tel Aviv (success!) - I've found two Mexican restaurants in Tel Aviv, within a block of each other.
And I've confirmed on the phone that they are still open.
I'm going to take the shirut shuttle to Tel Aviv tomorrow morning, and will spend the day there with my dad before he heads back to the US on Thursday.
We will be enjoying a Mexican feast for lunch! And I plan to bring extra home for dinner - Dave and Dahlia will be thrilled.
And yes, I plan to have Mexican food for lunch AND dinner.
I promise to savor the meal, chew my food slowly, and report on the experience soon.
Oh, and while I was searching for burritos in Israel, I confirmed that there are at least 10 Mexican restaurants in the Cincinnati area.
The thought of going 4 years without a burrito was starting to stress me out.
I'm sure they won't be quite as good as Californian burritos, but they should do for a good fix.
I think the little jellybean inside me is excited, too - new food to taste to replace my boring diet of bread and cheese!
By the way, the very bottom of my abdomen is starting to grow... my uterus is starting to move up and become firm.
Very exciting.

No comments: