18 weeks pregnant; head to bottom, Baby is about 5.5 inches long, about the length of a bell pepper, and weighs almost 7 ounces.On Wednesday night, the eve of 18 weeks, I felt Baby kick and move around for the first time.
For a few weeks now, I've been putting my hand on my lower abdomen a lot while lying down.
It could be that s/he was just having a good stretch, but as I held my hand on my belly, a little limb or knee or elbow or tush or head pushed against me.
It was really sweet, and I've felt a little more movement since.
This is a very vital, happy, calm little soul growing in body inside me.
I just feel it, know it, trust it.
I've wondered if it could be the same soul that more apprehensively tried to join us before I miscarried.
That soul felt just as sweet, but more shy, hesitant to inhabit the cells growing in my body.
Perhaps this little one has come back now that s/he's ready.
I felt like that soul had been a boy, and this time I'm feeling a boy too.
Last night Dave had a dream about a baby boy.
And Dahlia is 100% without a doubt convinced she's having a brother.
I guess we'll see.
I would be absolutely overjoyed to have a boy, and equally thrilled to have a girl.
A healthy happy baby and mama is all I ask for from the universe.
1 comment:
Beauty...
Post a Comment