At yoga class this week, The teacher talked about how this weekend,
The veil between the two worlds is very thin,
And our connection to those who have died can be very powerful.
She told us this after I told her before class that I had lost a baby.
She gave me a hug and said that the focus of the class might be difficult that day.
I told her I would be fine,
That I needed that, a space to just be there.
So when she told us about the thin veil between living and passed,
I exhaled deeply and sunk into the class more profoundly.
We focused on our hearts - representing trust (in all that is ahead).
And on our kidneys - located at our backs and representing remembrance
(Of those who have passed and all that is behind us.)
We breathed deeply into our hearts
And deeply into our kidneys.
I dedicated my practice to Tikva,
As always,
And set my intention to just feel.
It was just right.
It's possible to hold both what is behind and what is ahead,
And find myself in that place in between
With a little less discomfort
Than before.
1 comment:
I had a very similar experience at a yoga / reiki class on Emma's birthday this year.
I think that Antigone would benefit from your yoga instructor! If you have a minute you might like to go read her recent post about a yoga instructor who couldn't embrace the loss. You are so insightful with that realm.
Post a Comment