Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nature’s Elements

If I were an ocean,
I would wash my tides
over and over your body
until you could feel
no more pain.

If I were a rainstorm,
I would pour down
every inch of your mind
covering your doubt
with hope.


If I were the sun,
I would radiate my heat
through your soul
and chase away
the cold black darkness.

If I were a mountain,
I would brace myself
infinitely
to shoulder your burdens
indefinitely.

But alas,
nature’s elements
I am not.
And I don’t really know
what to give you.
And I don’t really know
what you need.

But even the elements are not perfect.
The ocean is full of salt.
The rainstorm is unrelenting.
The sun hides at night.
The mountain is inflexible.

At least
I am here.
So I’ll just ask.

(Thank you, Christabel)

4 comments:

ezra'smommy said...

beautiful...thanks for sharing...

Sophie said...

beautiful...simply beautiful.

xx

still life angie said...

so beautiful...thank you.

Fireflyforever said...

I LOVE this. Thank you.