Sweet Carly and her parents are thrilled to be back home tonight after almost a month in the hospital.
Thanks to everyone who kept tabs on her and held her in your heart.
She is truly a mighty being... and I know a mighty being when I see one.
She has more work to do, so keep holding her and sending love her way,
But she is now able to heal in the comfort of her own home.
They are a very special family, truly bright lights, all three of them.
I am thankful to Chris and Lani's blog for unintentionally connecting me to them...
There is incredible beauty, I think, in connecting with a family with shared experience
Through another family I know only virtually because we are both learning to live our lives after losing our babies.
I really felt Tikva there with me when I visited Carly in the PICU at UCSF for the second time last week.
I tried to explain it to Dave afterwards, because it wasn't exactly that I felt Tikva floating there,
In the PICU so close to her courtyard where the Hope and Love stones sit.
More than that, it was as though I felt Tikva through me,
And her energy - and I suppose also that connection to God/Source I am able to feel by connecting to her - allowed me to simply be present and peaceful as I held little Carly's hand.
It felt really good... Tikva gave that moment incredible meaning, and being there gave her short life added meaning too.
I think I will be okay working in a hospital when I'm a nurse
As long as I remember that connection.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
This is great news, Gal. Thanks for letting us know. A mighty being indeed.
Thanks for sharing the good news. Going home is HUGE. Although we did not have Henry home for long after his 3-month hospitalization, getting him home made all the difference in the world.
we are so thrilled they are finally home. b&c&c are so special to us and having you there to show them so much love makes us so happy. its hard being so far away from people you want to be able to hug.
thank you for sharing this with everyone, we all know the power of healing thoughts.
lots of love xo
Home is very, very good indeed. I will be keeping Carly in my thoughts.
And I think you will be one of those truly marvelous nurses who makes all the difference to those in your care.
Gal you will be such an incredible nurse.
I am so glad you felt Tikva with you in the PICU.
One of the few pleasures that we have had over the last month was meeting you Gal. I can't tell you how many times Christa and I sat on the bench next to the hope and love stones to help regain the strength necessary to get though each day. Knowing that Tikva was there with Carly keeping her safe through all of the ups and downs helped ease our burden. Thanks, and much love.
Post a Comment