Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Five Months

Tikva would have been five months old today.
She'd be old enough to face out in a Baby Bjorn,
Holding up her head herself.
She'd probably be losing some of her dark hair,
Getting male pattern baldness like Dahlia did.
She'd be so pretty... I can just see how pretty she'd be.
I would love to be able to go into my photos right now
And find a five-month-old photo of Tikva for this post.
I just have two months of photos, though,
And there won't be any more photos of her.
That's just so sad.

I wished my Baby Girl a happy birthday today
As I walked with her in the park.
I saw three women holding their new babies
And after thinking, "You're so lucky to be so clueless,"
I realized that I would trade places with them in a minute,
Even if it meant somewhere out there a group of babylost mamas felt that way towards me.
Moments like that I just want to be holding my daughter in a sling.
I would've held her close to me forever.
I would have nursed her till she was 13,
Let her sleep in bed with me till she went to college.
I really would have.

I have had a lot of moments the past few days
Feeling complete and utter disbelief at all that has unfolded,
And how it has unfolded.
Disbelief...

Happy Birthday, Tikva. I love you, Sweet Girl.

3 comments:

CLC said...

Happy Birthday Tikva! You are missed by many!

ezra'smommy said...

Happy Birthday little Tikva!

Tash said...

I had that moment today, looking at my husband over dinner. I simply can't believe this happened to *us.*

I hate all the things I thought before Maddy was born: this kid is getting gypped on breastfeeding, cuz no way I'm going on that train for that long again. I'm not staying at home as long for this one -- hope we can find daycare. And on. And now I realize, like you, I'd do pretty much anything.