Thursday, January 8, 2009

Five Months

It's been five months since Tikva died... almost to the minute.
Five months.
Long time
Short time

The date crept up on me today,
Midmorning while I was at work
And realized all of a sudden that it was the 7th.

No wonder I cried on my way to work this morning
And sat in my car for a while as the tears ran down,
Watching two seagulls flying in the sky
To the classical music on the radio.

I went to the mikva tonight
For the first time since before my second pregnancy
A little less than two years ago.

So strange how time moves,
How much has happened in two years.


I'll write more tomorrow.
I'm tired now and need to get some sleep.

Five months...
So strange how time moves.

12 comments:

Carly Marie said...

Sending you love Gal. I hope that going to the Mikva was a peaceful time for you. Wishing you gentle dreams tonight.

Love Carly x

Hope's Mama said...

Sigh. If you are at five weeks, that means I'm not far behind you. Time is so strange these days. Moves quickly and slowly. Quickly when I want it to go fast and slowly when I want it to hurry up. Sigh again xoxo

CLC said...

Thinking of you and Tikva, Gal!

Hope's Mama said...

ugh, five months i mean. i need sleep.

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

Time is a funny thing. The subconscious gets that it's an anniversary, even before the conscious mind realizes it. I've had that experience, too.

Time can be both a friend and an enemy. But it is also a healer.

In time.

Sending love and warm hugs to you, Dave, Dahlia, Ivo and the family. And to all who have lost children.

ezra'smommy said...

Holding you, Dave, Dahlia and Tikva close today. xoxo

c. said...

Strange, indeed. It's been 2 years since my third pregnancy, which resulted in a miscarriage and d&c. AT this exact moment 2 years ago, I was in the throes of grief - awful, desperate, painful grief as a result of how things ended. I can't believe so much time has passed, I can't believe what has happened in these 2 years.

As for 5 months: I'm so sorry, Gal. The only month I actually forgot the anniversary was month 11, because I was so focused on the one year anniversary. Sometimes, I think it gets harder, but maybe it's because the intensity of the emotion is not as pervasive as it was in the beginning, at least now, it is broken up by moments of hope and expecation. But I always seem to return to the sadness and longing. Always.

Holding you and Tikva close to my heart. XO.

Sara said...

It is strange how the monthly anniversary can creep up on us. My body always knows when the 17th is here even when I don't know the date. I have recently passed the one year mark. I was amazed how quickly and slowly that year went. Hope you got the rest you needed, grief is so exhausting.

erica said...

These are not the milestones we wanted. Thinking of you, sending you love, and wishing you rest and peace.

Anonymous said...

sending you love and hugs today and always.

Julia said...

I also had these days, especially in the first year, when I felt anxious for no reason I could discern until, hours later, I realized it was this day or that...

Time flows funny since, and colors the time before...

Some day I'd like to talk to you about mikva. People keep trying to get me to go, and I am somewhat hung up on history and baggage.

Gannet Girl said...

How odd, how moving, the similarlities in these months for us. I have read this entry several times and I can only respond with silence in honor of your beautiful tiny daughter.