Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Interesting Diet, Gal...

I'm unbelievably exhausted and could sleep all day.
I get itchy a bit right around evening time.
I'm less nauseous these past few days than I have been the past few weeks.
And I am hungry for the strangest things.

Today I indulged in a craving I've had for several days for a candy bar.
I'm not talking, mind you, about any fancy kind of chocolate or delicate pastry.
I'm talking good old fashioned American crap chocolate candy bar, Snickers specifically.
Unfortunately when I went on my hunt to nearby makolets late this afternoon, I couldn't find a Snickers.
So I got a Twix bar, because I didn't want something that would just be chewy, but something that was also crunchy.
It was very satisfying, though I'm going to have to satisfy the Snickers craving soon.

Sweet works for me, and even tends to settle my stomach.
I think it also gives me a needed energy boost, at least for a little while.
Bread really works for me, and anything bready like pasta.
Salad is my vegetable source, because most anything else that is healthy sounds awful.
And I can't stomach the idea of falafel right now, though shawerma and anything with red meat sounds good.
I'm dying for fresh Vietnamese spring rolls, but I haven't found any yet.
I'd probably have an easier time in Tel Aviv.
Granola with yogurt works well, too, but at times the dairy doesn't feel that great.
Last week I had a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato craving, so that's what Dahlia and I ate for dinner... lucky us.

We have a refrigerator full of food and I don't feel incredibly (at all, for that matter) inspired to cook any of it.
Dave is being very patient with me, and has been doing a lot of dishes lately, because even those sit in the sink and when I pass them I just get tired.
The OB-GYN said not to worry about prenatal vitamins until I get past the nausea, and just to take folic acid.
Even my herbal infusion is too much to stomach right now, along with flat water.
I've been buying a lot of soda water lately.
Ooh, matza ball chicken soup sounds really good right now... but I haven't found any Jewish deli food here, surprisingly.
I guess that's more of a New York thing.

The little blueberry is experiencing an interesting variety of foods and sweets right now.
Bear with me, little one, I promise I will nourish you with much more California health consciousness soon, hopefully in about 6 weeks.
Then I can share the news with friends here, too, and they won't all be wondering why I'm so consistently exhausted all the time.

No comments: