Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Agnes Mae

We received this incredible email yesterday from Colleen, a friend of Dave's cousin Lorrie... I am so deeply moved by the love and prayers and hope coming our way that I asked Colleen if I could share her email here:

Dear David and Gal and Dahlia,

I feel I not only know you but that we are family. Your cousin, Lorrie, is a spiritual sister and member of our women's group in Tahoe City. Her request for prayers for you and your family led me to read your blog and Tikva's story. Through my tears still falling softly, I remembered my own baby sister, Agnes Mae. Her birthday was November 12, 1948. Her life was only a few hours long, but her gift is forever. Her lungs never developed enough to support life. As my Mother told us, she was perfect in every way, a precious Angel, but she just couldn't breathe on her own. In today's world of medical miracles and technological advances, she would most likely be with us, thriving and living her purpose. As it was, she became our Angel Unaware. As a child, I talked to her and was sure I heard her singing and laughing and sharing angelic wisdom. We have all felt her presence during times of struggle and grief. Her life inspired my parents to create a Foundation and a legacy devoted to serving children in need.

I am inspired by your courage and willingness to allow a miracle to be brought to life. And I am asking our Angel to give your Angel strength for the journey into your loving arms.

God bless you.

Colleen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ok, i'm crying. that was beautiful. and yes, tivka will be fine! because i'm praying for her at the shrine (that's a rhyme) i'm a poet ya know. so prolific. **********