Apologies for being away from my blog for several days.
We have been so in the doing, and I am so pooped at the end of each day, that I haven't been able to write down all the thoughts and feelings running through me so abundantly.
Lately I've been falling asleep at night composing blog entries in my head, contemplating getting out of bed to write, then a few moments pass and I'm off to dreamland.
I feel deeply grateful that I've been sleeping well since we got to California - first because jetlag just knocked me out, and a few days later, after I stopped waking up in the middle of the night, just because all this doing takes a lot out of me, not to mention being pregnant.
The c-shaped maternity pillow Sharon got me makes me feel like a cat curled up in a basket of soft blankets, and I am sleeping like a baby in spite of the awkwardness of the large belly I carry everywhere with me.
Life is very full right now and we are doing a lot.
Doing is empowering, less paralyzing than sitting, waiting and thinking.
I am definitely a doer, and I'm married to one as well.
We had a busy and successful week.
Tuesday we worked everything out to get me on MediCal, so I am now happily insured and can start seeing the doctors.
It took many hours, and two trips into SF in one day dealing with getting all the right paperwork together,
But with the help of the angels that continue to watch over us, and a very patient counselor who worked with us and explained all the options, it all worked out.
It's a blessing to be on MediCal - it's entirely free, very easy for UCSF to work with, and when Tikva is born, she is automatically covered by MediCal for a year no matter what the rest of us do.
Sometimes the system works...
I can't tell you the amazing relief I felt when I was handed my MediCal number and told I was covered as of that moment.
And when I called UCSF and they set up a series of appointments for me for next Wednesday.
Ultrasound, echocardiogram, OB-GYN, pediatric surgeon, social worker, all in one day, all coordinated by them.
It makes me feel held, supported, monitored, and safe - both for me and for Tikva.
My sister Sharon is going to be with us for the entire day, to help us take in all the information and just be there for help and support.
Dahlia was in great hands that day, playing with Grace, her new one and a half year old friend, daughter of Dave's old buddy Jason and his wife Tina, all three of them huge sweeties.
Dahlia has been in such good hands since we got here - having playdates with such loving, caring members of her community.
She's had two wonderful days with her babysitter Alex and Alex's wonderful mom Ellen, with whom she feels so at home - they are true angels.
She's spent a bunch of time with her very special friend Maia, and also with her friend Delilah.
And last night we shared Shabbat with Izzy and his amazing parents Ahri and Jay, kindred spirits in our lives, and we got to see some of our special friends and their kids, who have grown so much in the 8 months we've been away.
I feel deeply grateful for Dahlia - who is so easy going and adaptable, who loves people, who loves making new friends, who is patient with us through all these changes.
On Wednesday we went to the house where we will soon be living, in the Outer Sunset district of San Francisco.
We needed to go through it to see what we will need to fill it - comparing that to the most amazing lists of furniture and household items that so many amazing angels are offering us.
Then we went to Crepevine for lunch with Auntie Sharon.
Next week we are meeting with the head rabbi at Temple Emanuel, to ask him for help in finding a spot for Dahlia in their preschool.
One step at a time, one thing at a time, we are taking care of all that needs doing.
Preparing mentally and emotionally for our meetings with the doctors on Wednesday.
I know those are going to bring up a lot, and that it will be the beginning of probably a whirlwind of medical activity.
But I am trusting that we'll be in good hands, and that the challenges will be outweighed by the relief of finally getting some answers and clarity of what the coming months have in store for us.
We continue to pray, and ask for prayers.
We continue to hold hope.
And Tikva continues to let me know that we are on the right path.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You sound so strong right now honey
Go California!Go Medi cal! Go team!
I continue to love you and hold you guys tight in my prayers, call me when you can, all my love
you sound so surrounded by love. maybe that was tivka's way of bringing you back to CA. that's the positive way of thinking about it :-)
i wish i was with friends. that's my most difficult part here. just want to get my house built so i can travel! does that make sense? i'm stuck here until everything is finished..........tivka will be probably 6 months before i see her.
Post a Comment