It's so strange...
Just over three weeks ago, Tikva was alive.
Now she is no longer.
She's not here anymore.
Time moves forward, and I feel like Tikva is further away.
Even while I feel her all around and within me.
I look at pictures of her in all her moments and Tikva in her body feels far away.
Then her smell in her belongings brings her right back.
Yet still far away.
It's been a hard few days for me.
Lots of tears.
Lots of tears.
Lots of tears.
I miss her terribly.
I see babies in carriers in their mothers' arms and I think that I could've had my Tikva in my arms if things had been different.
Sometimes when I see babies who are about 10 months old, I think that I could've had a baby that age in my arms if I hadn't miscarried.
Right now I grieve not only the loss of Tikva, but the loss of both babies I don't get to carry anymore.
And I try to keep the fear at bay, the fear that comes so easily with the sadness.
I try to just BE - HERE - NOW.
Even if here and now hurts.
It's as if the pain is a way to stay connected to Tikva.
And if I stop feeling pain, stop crying, then she will really feel far away.
And it will all feel like a dream I can't be sure really happened.
I miss you, my sweet Baby Girl.
Maybe now you can hold me a little.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment