Our sweet and soulful friend Liz sent this photo and email to me today...
"Dearest Gal,
The story I told at Tikva’s blessing was about a statue that I wanted to pass on to you as soon as I had heard about Tikva’s upcoming arrival. When I was in the hospital waiting for Ryann’s birthday I felt so scared. Day after day I waited and hoped she would be ok. The last 2 weeks my mom brought in this woman statue and she sat on my bedside for the following month. Anytime I was scared I looked at her and was reminded of the joys of being pregnant. Her face showed how I desperately wanted to feel. I put her someplace safe over 5 years ago and began my hunt for her again just as I knew about your family. For whatever reason she was not going to be found. In the meantime I had made a little heart sticker with Tikva’s name on it and waited to put it on her tummy to surround Tikva with love. Day after day the heart sticker would float around our house and end up on lunchboxes, jackets, blankies, hair jammies - and I was constantly reminded of your little spirit that is a miracle in you and the miracle that surrounds me with my own kids. So, June 1, 2008 – the month Tikva will join us, so does my beautiful lady. I was looking for a soccer ball in the garage and came across a little box and my heart skipped a beat because I remembered what was inside. Here she is. I am filling her with so much love and sending it to all of you. So is my little Ryann girl. She is fully aware of the situation and adding her special prayers too.
Much love for the days ahead,
Liz"
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, you are almost there!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. What an amazing time. I hope your flu goes away soon, my throat still hurts. That was pretty nifty to get a sugar IV to boost you up, wish we buy those at the grocery store!!!!!!!!
I love you and will follow you in my prayers through every step in this journey.
Sweet Dreams!
Post a Comment