Friday, June 13, 2008

Shampoo


On her second day, Tikva had her hair washed.
I melted when I saw how beautiful she is - as if it were possible for her to be any more beautiful.
She really is cute, and her hair is so dark and soft.
Her skin is soft too, like butter.

Her surgery has been postponed because her oxygen levels need to be more balanced than they were today.
The little lady just wasn't quite ready for surgery yet.
They may wait until Monday or Tuesday, or if it becomes clear that it needs to happen sooner, they will do it over the weekend.
It's up and down with every hour that goes by, and our inability to plan becomes even more apparent than it was during my pregnancy.

I spent a lot of the afternoon next to her, holding her soft little hand in mine.
I have been reading to her from The Little Prince every day - I think she likes it.
We continue to be deeply connected in the way we were when she was inside my belly.
It feels good to be able to touch her softness and feel her strength.

She is an amazing girl in a million ways.
Amazing.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Shampoo, rinse, repeat. I never got the repeat part... really aren't you clean after the first time? It sounds wise to wait for the surgery. I am sure Tikva will be ready for the big event very soon and she will look good with all that clean hair. Hugs to you and Dave. BIG HUGS! Really BIG HUGS!