Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Got Milk?


Yes! I certainly do.
8 more days and Tikva can start having my milk again instead of formula.
Soon she will also start learning to nipple feed from a bottle.
And yes, she will also start learning to nurse from my breast.
I took this photo this morning after putting away the last bottle that would fit into the sub-zero freezer in the garage.
In addition to this frozen milk, I also have two large boxes in the freezer at UCSF, and now some new bottles in our kitchen freezer.
That's a lot of milk, but the nurses and lactation consultant at the ICN have told me to save it all, because once Tikva is drinking it again, it will go fast.
So... I continue to pump my milk, and look forward to when my Baby Girl is drinking it directly from my breast.

No comments: