Sunday, July 13, 2008
Time With Tikva
I took this with my little digital camera today.
Tikva is trying out the nasal canula, which gives her oxygen and a little bit of pressure, but without the Star Wars headgear.
You've come a long way in less than 5 weeks, Little Lady.
And you sure are CUTE.
Tikva has spent so much time awake, alert, looking around and connecting lately.
Yesterday they removed her last IV from her neck, and with it went her morphine - which she had been getting day and night since the day she was born.
They weaned her down over the last few weeks, and stopped it yesterday.
I think today she was feeling some withdrawal, and they can give her small amounts of it as she clears her body from this dependence.
But wow... again, what progress.
She is on full feeds now, getting as much to eat as any baby her age.
Practicing sucking on a pacifier, and in less than 2 weeks she'll be getting my milk again.
Next after that... nursing directly from my breast... I can't wait.
Each day something new, each day another step forward, another step toward coming home.
Come home, Baby Girl, all the way home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, she is so sweet. I just want to kiss on her too!
Post a Comment