Saturday, September 20, 2008

Carrying Each Other



Red Tail Hawk carrying a little bird.
My Tikva and me, flying together.
Right now it feels like Tikva is the hawk,
And I am the little bird she carries.

What an incredible honor to have carried her when I did...

(The feather I found in the woods yesterday looks like the brown ones on the hawk in this photo.)

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You have carried each other from day one...what a beautiful image and a beautiful thought. I love you guys and send you the strength to keep on carrying.

Jake and Emily said...

What a beautiful post.

I found your blog one night & read almost all of it & wept deeply for your most blissful moments and lowest sorrows. You have touched this Iowa girl with your story. Thank you for being so strong in your sharing....you probably don't feel strong, but you are...more than you know.