
Yesterday I took Dahlia to an earlier karate class to see if she would have an easier time being less tired than she feels at the later class.
I realized very quickly that I absolutely cannot take her to the earlier class regularly...
The reason?
There were three moms there holding babies who were right around the age Tikva would be now.
They didn't know me, and there was no way they could've known,
So I can't feel anything negative towards them
For stroking their babies' faces lovingly, unaware of how lucky they are.
It broke my heart and I almost started sobbing right then and there.
Instead, I took a deep breath and connected with Tikva and loved her as she is.
I felt her presence so close to me, her spirit so connected.
And yet the longing for my own child on my body was so strong,
Especially as I saw the big brown eyes of one baby in a sling
And thought of Tikva's big eyes looking at me.
The contrast between that longing and the three babies right in front of me was just too much.
Dahlia will definitely stay in the later karate class from now on...
1 comment:
I tried so hard to continue to take Bella to her music class after maddy died, and it was just too soon for me -- I was a mess. Poor Bella then associated with music with my breaking down, and one day announced "music makes me sad." so we quit music, which broke my heart on a number of levels.
Seeing those ghost children is just so hard. I have one down the block from me, born a few weeks after maddy died. It just hurts to see her and wonder what if.
Post a Comment