Today is 8 weeks and 2 days since Tikva...
What did she do exactly then?
Passed away...
Passed on...
Breathed her last breaths outside...
Returned to God...
Became one with Source...
Left us...
Died.
Today Tikva has been gone as long as she was alive.
Alive, that is, outside my belly.
Before that, she was alive inside my belly for 38 weeks and 5 days.
Maybe when she's been gone for 47 weeks and 3 days
I will notice that she's been gone longer than she was with me in physical form.
I don't know.
For now, I just want to acknowledge the passage of time,
How strange that is,
That her life feels more far away,
And how sad that makes me feel right now.
8 weeks and 2 days isn't that long a time.
Yet in a way it feels like ages have passed.
Just like time felt like it moved so slowly during the days I shared with her in the ICN during her short life.
I miss you Tiki.
I still miss you so much.
I think I will find myself, at times, missing you 40 years from now.
The other day I thought about how,
When I am old and it's my time to go,
If I am blessed with a long life,
I will get to join you in the fold of all that is,
In God's palm.
I miss you, Baby Girl.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have to say, I had no idea how close you were (with respect to time) to your loss. You words on other blogs are so comforting and your perspective is so focused.
Eight weeks and two days, you are such an amazing mother to both your children!
Thinking of you Gal. It's so hard to pass milestones like your 8 weeks and 2 days. I found the nine month anniversary to be hard for the same reason. She is now gone longer than she ever was here. Wishing you peace, and thinking of Tikva.
I'm so sorry that this hurts so much...but so grateful for the words you share here. Thank you.
Thoughts and love to you.
Post a Comment