Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2007

Now this post from last Thanksgiving is surreal to reread now,
On the other side of it all...
I remember learning about the use of foreshadowing in creative writing class in high school.

I've been thinking about Thanksgiving coming up this year,
How little I feel like celebrating.
And at the same time,
How grateful I am that Tikva came through my life,
Touched me like she did,
To remain forever in my heart
And all around me.

Right now, I feel like having a private Thanksgiving this year...

5 comments:

Missing Her said...

Thinking of you...

Cara said...

Amazing - I was just thinking of holidays too.

I posted about Halloween being "our holiday" as the others are just too damn hard.

I'm thinking of you. Private sounds good.

Sophie said...

I agree private sounds good. But will people let you have it? I know mine wont be happy about it.

erica said...

It's hard, isn't it, to reconcile the need to celebrate the beauty of our children with the need to heal from their loss? The big holidays with their feasts, parades and presents aren't going to be a good fit for us, either, this year.

Lori said...

We spent our first Thanksgiving alone after our twin's death. It was such a blessing. As I recall, I think we even took our older boys to a movie in the afternoon, and ordered our turkey dinner from a local restaurant. We just did what we wanted- it was very peaceful, although, of course, still very sad.