Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bag of Creative, Positive Visions

I have just created a bag in which to hold positive visions for Tikva's birth and life.
In holding all the images that came my way today, I realized the importance of holding on, with consciousness, to those images that bring me comfort and positivity.
Visions are powerful, and that is something that I trust from a very deep place.
Not just my own visions, both also those of others who love me and Tikva.
Tonight, our friends Tina and Jason wrote: "Both of us have a very strong feeling that Tikva is going to survive and thrive... I just know that you will see Tikva grow up and have her own children."
Along with my visions of Tikva making it and thriving, I put their vision into my bag as well.
And I put Tikva's Grandma Rosie, my sweet and intuitive mother in law's vision of holding her granddaughter at the age of 6 months.
And I put Dave's vision of taking Tikva to Jerusalem as a child so that she can see where he wrote all of our initials - including a T for Tikva - into wet cement near our building just before we left to return home.
And I put my vision of Tikva breathing peacefully in her bed in the ICN.
And I put my vision of Dahlia and Tikva cheering proudly for their newly-ordained father at his rabbinical school graduation.
And I put my vision of Tikva coming out easily and peacefully into a safe and warm hospital room filled with love and those who will be waiting to help her.
I invite you to share your visions with me - either as a comment here, an email, a message - and I will put them into my bag of visions and creations.

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

That you know that every day with Tikva be a joy of celebrating her aliveness and being, long into adulthood.

That you know that your family is held in love and support by a huge community of friends and family.

That you know that you will get through this life always the mother of Tikva and always the creator of this magnificent child.

We are surrounding all of you with visions of a strong Tikva, breathing well and long for years to come.

We love you. Cynthia, Michie and Max

Kim Carlson Art said...

My vision is Noi and Tikva and Dahlia holding hands together running through the enormous Dahlia garden here in Akita.

Tracy said...

I see Dahlia and Tikva together--dancing, singing, playing, giggling-- as only sisters can. I see Dave reading to both of them and holding their hands as they cross the street on their walk to school. I see them dipping apples into honey at the start of a sweet new year. And I see you, beaming with joy at the 2 miracles you have created, every time you hug them or kiss them goodnight.

I see strength.
I see life.
I see hope.
I see love.
I see TIKVA.

Jenny and Evan said...

My vision is seeing you, Dave, Tikva and Dahlia and spending a lovely summer afternoon together, perhaps in CA or maybe OH or I'm not sure where. But somewhere - next summer, Tikva just had her first birthday and Dahlia will be starting school soon. We'll be reconnecting about all the many things that have happened to us in this past year and will be eating delicious healthy fresh food.

Dahlia will be running around jumping like her beautiful little self and we'll hold Tikva and marvel in amazement at your little miracle and bundle of love.

Sending you big hugs and much love from Jerusalem where you guys are deeply missed, Jenny and Evan

Unknown said...

I have so many images floating around in my brain of Tikvah. She's running into Dave's arms as he comes home from a day of school at HUC, so excite to see him. Or I see her and Dahlia play wrestling in the front yard of your home in Cincinnati. There's the vision of the incredible smile on her face as Dave is becoming ordained. All of these visions keep me so happy and so hopeful for you and your family.

Your love for your family is felt all the way out here in Jerusalem. And our love surrounds you as well!