This drawing was made on the chalkboard at the UCSF pediatrics office this morning by a little boy around Dahlia's age named Luca (with a little help from his dad, who drew the baby in mama's belly). Luca's mom is not currently pregnant, and I think his dad was a little confused about why his son was drawing a pregnant woman. I asked Luca if I could take a picture of his drawing and he said yes. I love it.Our friend and talented photographer Rudi put up some photos from Tikva's blessing a few weeks ago online: http://www.halbright.com/darkroom/share/?client/TikvasBlessing.
Thank you to those who shared visions with me in the comments to my last post. They are amazing and magical and so clear and real. I've received some others that I'd like to share here. I am sharing these visions not only because they are magnificent, but because now they are a part of our shared consciousness, holding Tikva within the beautiful energy of all that is and can be. It's powerful stuff. Thank you for holding us.
FROM BIG SISTER DAHLIA: "Mommy, when Tikva is born and she comes home from the hospital, can I sleep with her?" I asked her what she thought about the idea of all of us sleeping in the big bed together and she really liked that idea.
FROM SARA IN ISRAEL:"Before you were supposed to leave, when I came to your house, I asked you to give me your address when you will have a stable one, because I wanted to send you something when Tikvah will be born. Please, send it to me :-) , but in this occasion I want to tell you what the "something" is, as it has to do with my vision about Tikvah. In Italy, we use to give a special present to newborns. It's called "camicino della fortuna", and it's a very light silk underwear (a kind of shirt), white with some red. It's a bit of superstition: red brings luck and protects against the evil-eye. Also we say "to be born with the shirt", and it means to be lucky and happy in life. So, since I knew you were going to leave, I have seen me sending this special "camicino" to your beautiful Tikvah for her to wear on the day she will be coming home from the hospital."
FROM JULIE, ALSO IN ISRAEL: "My hope/vision/dream for Tikva ~ A visit to see your family in about a year on next Memorial Day Weekend in Cincinnati. Tikva will be a year old and we are able to come for her party. She is sitting on a picnic table set up in your backyard with a HUGE chocolate (okay, carob!) cake in front of with and a candle in the shape of "1" on it. She has dark, curly hair and is so SMILEY. She is a little more shy than Dahlia, but just as happy. You all are surrounded by new friends in Cincinnati and many other dear family and friends who have joined you to celebrate her birthday and a tremendous, miraculous first year."
FROM NONNA, WHOM I'VE KNOWN FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS AND RECENTLY RECONNECTED WITH (SHE MAKES A GREAT ADOPTED BIG SISTER): "The vision that I wanted to share is that of two beautiful little girls relatively close in age, looking alike, playing together at a playground on a gorgeous sunny fall day."
TWO VISIONS FROM PAPA DAVE:
The doctors and nurses at the ICN saying, "This kid is a miracle! She's thriving. She's stable." This was a very clear vision Dave had twice during his morning walk the other day.
Dave taking Tikva to Jerusalem, to our old apartment building, up the stairs to our apartment and having a conversation with the current tenant in Hebrew about what a miracle Tikva is, trying to remember how to say the word miracle in the feminine. Tikva was 7 going on 8. It was a totally vivid visualization.
My very special husband writes about his visions a lot more clearly than I can: http://web.mac.com/dspinrad/iWeb/UnorthodoxRabbi/D%27varim%3A%20Words%20and%20Things/B3EE3641-11DD-4F84-9333-04721EFFE072.html. I love this man with whom I get to share this journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment