Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Dream

A few nights ago I had the most incredible dream.
I woke up feeling so bright, so warm, so happy and full.
It reminded me of a kind of dream I had sometime during the end of my pregnancy with Dahlia - a dream where I was holding my unborn child before she actually came out of me, but as if she was already out.
Here is what I dreamt about Tikva:

Tikva was wiggling inside me and all of a sudden I looked down because I felt something touch my chest, right in the middle, just above my breasts.
It was a tiny little Tikva hand reaching out from inside me right near my heart.
The separation between inside and outside my belly was blurred in that magical way it can be in a dream.
So I took my own hand and touched hers with my fingers and palm.
I was loving the sensation of feeling her little fingers, feeling the warmth of her skin.
Then it occurred the me that if her hand was up, that meant she had flipped and her bottom was down.
That worried me, because she's been head down for many weeks now and having her head down will make her birth easier.
So I reached down and took her whole body into my arms, looked into her eyes, turned her upside down and said, "Now Tikva, this is how I need you to be so that I can birth you easily."
Before she was back inside me, I placed her (head up) against my shoulder, in the way I used to hold Dahlia so that the roundness of my shoulder would gently press against her belly after a feeding and help her digest and burp.
And I listened to Tikva breathe in my ear and thought, "Wow, she is breathing so easily, so completely, so deeply, so well."
That gave me great comfort, and I was ready for her to be back in my belly.