Our friend Tracy sent me the most beautiful Israeli song by Matti Caspi called My Second Childhood. Below is the English translation. Indeed, there is nothing in the world like having children, and getting to relive again, heal old wounds, and love in this most complete, unconditional and sweetly vulnerable way. This song is for Dahlia and for Tikva, my girls...
This is my second childhood,
Whatever you give me, I'll take.
This is my second childhood, with you.
This is my second childhood,
The yoke of my years is forgotten,
This is my second childhood,
My heart has been opened.
Through your eyes, daughter, I see and discover the world again.
Through your hands I'll learn to touch the sea waves again.
Through your lips, daughter, words have a new taste.
And with you I'll grow without fear, here we are Three already...
This is my second childhood...
Through your songs, daughter, I'll learn to listen to creation again,
With your footsteps I shall walk on the way to the seven wonders.
In your smiles, daughter, there's a new morning to the nights,
And with you there's a meaning to live,
Here we are, Four already...
In your look, daughter, I'll learn to love again with no fear,
With your tears I shall shake as though the end of the world is near,
With your hugs, daughter, a shiver goes through my body,
And I'll ask for one more day with you,
And we are Five already.
This is my second childhood...
1 comment:
Hi Gal - this is very beautiful.. it helped me put some thoughts around my feelings about my up and coming motherhood. I hope you and Dave are doing well. We think about you both so much.
Jessica
Post a Comment