Tikva is so completely present, so here, so engaged, so with us.
After a long sleep today, she opened her eyes and looked at us - Dave, me, our friend Ahri, Dave's aunt Marty, nurse Allyson.
Her eyes were so big, so wide, so aware of our presence.
As I held her this afternoon, after sleeping for most of the time, she opened her eyes and looked up at me from her place against my chest.
We sat and looked at each other, super close, until she drifted back into sleep.
She has the most beautiful eyes, and the squishiest chubby cheeks, and the cutest pointy chin.
Life is calling roll and Tikva is answering with a resounding "HERE!"
She's going all the way, my amazing little girl.
Holding her today, I can begin to feel the experience of holding her...
At home, in our bed, unencumbered by tubes or wires or machines.
All the way, Baby Girl.
All the way HOME.
1 comment:
And the most beautiful lips ever, wowo wowo! You guys are so beautiful, I loves you!
Post a Comment